We may collect and receive information about users of our Services (“users,” “you,” or “your”) from various sources, including: (i) information you provide through your user account on the Services (your “Account”) if you register for the Services; (ii) your use of the Services; and (iii) from third-party websites, services, and partners.
- Information We Collect
- Information You ProvideI. Account Information. When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, business name, address, email address, and telephone number.
- Payment Information.When you add your credit card information to your Account, that information is directed to our third-party payment processor. We do not store your payment account information; however, we may retain information through our third-party payment processor.III. User Information.We allow you to post content on our Services. You agree that the information you post may be viewed and used by other users and third parties we do not control.IV. Communications. If you contact us, we may receive information such as name, email address, telephone number, the contents of the message.
- Information We Collect When You Use Our ServicesPersonal Information may be your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, or other data that, that can identify who you are. Personal Information can include sensitive information related to your financial history or current situation that may include credit card information. We may require users or business owners to provide Personal Information. We and our third party service providers collect Personal Information only when users and business owners willingly provide it to us.
- Non-Personal Information is demographic information, device information and any information that does not identify you. We and our third party service providers may collect Non-Personal Information to better support you.
III. Cookies and Other Technologies. As is true with most websites, we collect some information automatically and store it in log files. In addition, when you use our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, landing page, and referring URL. To collect this information, a cookie may be set on your computer or device when you visit our Services. Cookies contain a small amount of information that allows our web servers to recognize you. We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, and/or clear gifs to record your preferences. We may also automatically collect information about your use of features of our Services, about the functionality of our Services, frequency of visits, and other information related to your interactions with the Services. We may track your use across different websites and services. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the information referenced above in this paragraph may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
- Location We may collect information about your mobile location, by GPS in your device.
- How We Use Information
- We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Validate your information to ensure its accuracy;
- Provide, operate, and maintain our Services;
- Improve and expand our Services;
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services;
- Develop new products, services, internal analysis, features, and functionality;
- Communicate with you or through one of our partners to provide updates and other information relating to the Service, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Process your transactions;
- Inform you of products, referrals and promotions;
- Send you text messages and push notifications;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- How We Share Information
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
- Vendors and Service Providers.We may share information with third-party vendors and service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as helping to provide our Services, for promotional and/or marketing purposes, and to provide you with information relevant to you such as product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information.
- Aggregate Information. Where legally permissible, we may use and share information about users with our partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you.
- Advertising. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on our Services, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. To learn more about these programs, or opt-out of personalized ads, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory program for Online Behavioral Advertising at www.aboutads.info, or the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org.
- Third-Party Partners. We also share information about users with third-party partners in order to receive additional publicly available information about you.
- Information We Share When You Sign Up Through a Referral. If you sign up for our Services through a referral from a friend, we may share information with your referrer to let them know that you used their referral to sign up for our Services.
- Business Transfers. Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- With Your Consent. We may share information with your consent.
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. We have a legitimate interest in operating our Services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these Services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
- Third-party Services
You may access other third-party services through the Services, for example by clicking on links to those third-party services from within the Services. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services, and we encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies.
Kosher GPS is committed to protecting your information. To do so, we employ a variety of security technologies and measures designed to protect information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, please bear in mind that the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- Data Retention
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you are a registered user, you may access certain information associated with your Account by logging into our Services or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you terminate your Account, any public activity on your Account prior to deletion may remain stored on our servers and may remain accessible to the public.
To protect your privacy and security, we may also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updating or removing your information. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business for disaster recovery purposes. Your ability to access and correct your information may be temporarily limited where access and correction could: inhibit Kosher GPS’s ability to comply with a legal obligation; inhibit Kosher GPS ‘s ability to investigate, make or defend legal claims; result in disclosure of personal information about a third party; or result in breach of a contract or disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to Kosher GPS or a third party.
- Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Your Choices
You can use some of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect.
You may unsubscribe from receiving certain promotional emails from us. If you wish to do so, simply follow the instructions found at the end of the email. Even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you for informational, transactional, account-related, or similar purposes.
- Children’s Privacy
Kosher GPS and our third party service providers may make available certain services for users and business owners to post information. Please note information users or business owners provide in connection with such services may become public, including without limitation, ratings, reviews, pictures, comments that accompany our services. Kosher GPS and any Third Party Service Providers will not be responsible or liable for any use or action of any personal information or non-personal information that users or business owners disclose through any mobile application or website relating to Koshers GPS.
- International Data Transfers
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. For personal data we receive from the EEA and Switzerland, Kosher GPS has certified its compliance to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from such countries.
Kosher GPS currently utilizes Standard Contractual Clauses in connection with transfers of data from the EEA to the US insofar as the EU-US Privacy Shield is deemed invalidated and other means are not yet in place.
The data controller of your personal information is My Jewish Listings, LLC.