Bespoke Kosher Travel 2021, Winter Vacations in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is much more than a fantastic beach destination. Inland, Georgian properties, mansion houses and Victorian railways contribute to Sri Lanka’s British colonial heritage and is interspersed between beautiful tea-plantations and wildlife-filled jungles. Spend time spotting leopards on safari in Yala, a bountiful national park in the south east of the country. In the center of the island is Kandy, the spiritual capital for Sri Lanka’s Buddhist community and home to the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic. Sri Lanka is a melting pot of adventure, romance and the place to refill your tea caddy for the next year.
Food: In a country that is almost ¾ Buddhist, there is a small, but thriving Jewish community in the capital, Colombo. We have established excellent relationships with Kosher suppliers, so whether you’re on safari in a national park, picking tea leaves in a mountain, or lazing on the beach, we can guarantee to deliver meals to you on a regular basis, location notwithstanding
- Spend Shabbat in the capital city of Colombo
- Explore Kandy, part of the spiritual ‘Cultural Triangle’
- Understand the tea production process on a tea factory tour
- Take one of the world’s most scenic train rides to Nuwara Eliya
- Encounter elephants and Leopards at Yala, Sri Lanka’s most famous National Park