Miller Realty, Jewish Realtors in Lawrence, New York
When you work with Miller Realty, Inc., you’re getting a full-service real estate team that’s truly committed to helping you reach your goals. Since 2002, Don and Tamar Miller have been connecting buyers and sellers with the Five Town’s unique real estate market. In the years since then, our team has grown, but our hardworking nature and our commitment to our clients has remained the same. Whether you’re buying your first home, moving up, or getting ready to list, you can count on us to position you for success. For buyers, that means finding the perfect home for your needs. As for sellers, we’ll make your listing shine with our personalized marketing strategies and years of industry expertise.
TEN CHARACTERISTICS OF A GREAT REAL ESTATE AGENT
1) A great agent has time for you. They manage your home sale or purchase personally and are the single point of contact for you. They answer your calls within a few hours (or minutes) and make you feel as though yours is the only home sale or purchase on which they are working. Your sale is never delegated to an assistant for important tasks.
2) A great agent shows you how they are going to market your house using a completely integrated marketing plan that includes, print, a strong internet presence, and word of mouth. Over 90% of first time home buyers go to the internet first. What kind of internet marketing do they do? How updated and easy to navigate is their website? How many hits does their site get on a daily basis?
3) The best agents are honest about the price they expect your home to command. The Realtor who tells you your house has the highest value is not necessarily the agent who will get you the most money. It is well known among agents that there are agents who ‘buy the listing’ by telling you an artificially indefensible number you want to hear, not one that the market may bear.
4) Hire a agent who walks the walk, not just one who talks the talk. It is amazing the number of agents who rent the house in which they live. A December 2008 study by Realtor magazine said only 41% of all Realtors own investment property. Would you hire a stock broker who owned no stock? Until an agent has been in your shoes, they cannot fully advise you.
5) A great agent belongs to a reputable brokerage. The brokerage represents the agent’s support structure for you. Do they have a market presence that can attract buyers? Do they offer their agents legal support, training and advertising assistance that can insure your house is sold in a legally sound manner and for the highest price? Most importantly, what do past clients have to say about them? Do they have a Testimonials page on their site or the ability to give multiple recent referrals?
6) A great agent earns every cent of their commission and strives to keep it as vehemently as they strives to get you the highest possible price for your home. If Discount Brokers are so quick to discount their own fees, how do you think they will be in standing up for you during a hard negotiation to get you a great price for your home?
7) A great agent knows your neighborhood. They can quote the statistics of what is selling, why and where. They know the schools, the stores, the places of worship, the traffic patterns and what the hot issues for the town are. They know how far the parks are from your home. In short, they know everything about your neighborhood so they can do the best job of selling your home.
8) A great agent has a track record of successful negotiations. When you interview an agent, ask them to recount a story or two about a really tough negotiation they have had and how they succeeded in getting what their client wanted. If you get a deer in the headlight type response to this question pick another agent.
9) A great agent probably has some statistics to prove they’re the #1 Realtor in their area. Ask them to provide 3rd party documentation of how many sales they’ve done in the last year or so, and have them compare it to other Realtors in your area. If they cannot provide this information to you, or don’t want to, then they have something to hide.
10) A great agent gives you a defensible, comprehensive market analysis to support their price and marketing recommendation.
If you are selling your home and you’re looking for an honest broker who cares about you and your home, and will tell you the truth about your homes value before you sign up, who goes the extra mile showing your home even when it’s an off-hour or on short notice and performs above and beyond the norm, please call us.
If you are a buyer, and you’re tired of being shown houses above your price range, being misled about details, or being harrassed to make an offer–please call us. We do not believe the formula to success is to be a pushy as possible. We are transaction facilitators helping make the home-buying process easier on both sides.
We are bound by the Realtors Code of Ethics and we adhere to it at all times. Click on this link to read the Realtors Code of Ethics.
We are Members of MLS, The Long Island Board of Realtors, New York State Association of Realtor and the National Association of Realtors.
Our commission structure is competitive and we utilize the latest technology combined with personalized service.
We pride ourselves as a Full Service Agency and more! Our services include but not limited to:
- Detailed Comparative Marketing Report showing the recent sales in your immediate neighborhood to determine the highest price of the house
- Customized Marketing Plan
- Your home will be pre-inspected by a NYS licensed Home Inspector to head-off potential deal-killers at the very end. A copy of the report will be made available to all qualified buyers.
- Existing customers contacted from the pre-approved & qualified buyers pool of the agency
- Advertising in the leading papers, the internet and our website
- Direct Mailing & Neighborhood Signs
- Open Houses
- Pre purchase consultation & screening of buyers to determine the best offer and terms