My Jewish Listings – PRIVACY NOTICE
Last updated February 1, 2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at My Jewish Listings (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us.
Table of contents
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
- HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We and our third-party service providers collect personal information (“PI”) that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, payment information, and social media login data.
We and our third-party service providers collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at our Sites, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites such as posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we and our third-party service providers collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we and our third-party service providers collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Non-Personal Information (or “Non-PII“)
We and our third-party service providers collect Non-PII, which is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not uniquely identify you. We and our third party service providers may collect your Non-Personal Information, including information about the device you are using in accessing and/or using the Sites, information from referring websites, and your interaction with the Sites. We and our third party service providers may also aggregate Personal Information in a manner such that the end-product does not uniquely identify you or any other user of the Sites, for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. This collective information constitutes Non-Personal Information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our websites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals Some browsers allow you to indicate that you would not like your online activities tracked, using “Do Not Track” indicators; however we are not obligated to respond to these indicators, and we are not currently set up to respond to them. This means that we may use latent information about your online activities to improve your use of our Sites consistent with this policy.
IP Addresses are the Internet Protocol addresses of the computers that you are using. Your IP Address is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Sites, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) of the Sites that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
Location Information. We may obtain information about your physical location, such as by use of GPS and other geolocation features in your device, or by inference from other information we collect. For example, your IP Address indicates the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the Internet.
Information collected from other Sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account *(such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process. See the section below headed “Social Logins” for further information.
- To fulfill your requests (e.g., to allow you to order food through our restaurant partners and have it delivered to you or to provide you with information that you request from businesses).
- To fulfill your purchases (e.g., to process credit card payments).
- to customize content on our Sites (e.g., the restaurants or business near your location).
- To send you important information regarding the Sites, such as certain changes to our terms, conditions, policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be material to your use of the Sites, you may not opt out of receiving such communications.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “Your Privacy Rights” below).
- To send administrative information to you for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Deliver other Program promotions and information to you. We may use and send your information to deliver and receive other promotional program advertisements or content (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To protect our Sites. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm for Legal Reason. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We use non-personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes. Because your Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we and our third party service providers may use such information for any purpose. For example, we may work with third parties for the purpose of advertisement delivery on the Sites, including online behavioral advertising (“OBA”) and multi-site advertising. The Non-Personal Information collected about your visits to the Sites may be used by third parties in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These third parties may also set cookies or web beacons to assist with advertisement delivery services.
In addition, we reserve the right to share your Non-Personal Information with our affiliates and with other third parties, for any purpose. In some instances, we and our third party service providers may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- As Is Appropriate. We may share your information as we believe to be appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and/or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and/or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you and/or others; (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies and/or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) for record keeping purposes.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Sites. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions, or other content to the Sites) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our Sites and register through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Sites, and view your profile.
HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our websites using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Sites offers you the ability to register and login using your third party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public. If you login using Facebook, we may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission.
Forums and Profiles. We and our third party service providers may make available through the Sites certain services (for example, message boards, chat functionality, “profile pages” and blogs) to which you may be able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you provide in connection with such services may become public, and may be available to visitors to the Sites and to the general public, including without limitation the ratings and reviews that accompany many restaurant listings and the comments section of our blog posts. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, and/or any other information and/or materials, on the Sites. NEITHER WE, NOR ANY OF OUR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, NOR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY DULY AUTHORIZED BY US AND/OR BY OUR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, IS OR SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY USE BY ANY UNAUTHORIZED PERSON OR ENTITY OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SITES.
IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Sites from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information.
WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY SITES?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the Europe, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like European), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the Europe and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. You can also opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Sites.
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
Disclaimer. If you choose to access the Sites, you do so at your own risk, and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the availability of the Sites, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area and/or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion. By using the Sites and submitting any Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to other countries, which may provide a different level of data security than your country of residence provides.
DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act or CCPA, and subject to exceptions, California residents have certain rights regarding their data, including:
- The right to know the categories of Personal Information we’ve collected and the categories of sources from which we got the information.
- The right to know the business purposes for sharing Personal Information.
- The right to know the categories of third parties with whom we’ve shared Personal Information.
- The right to access the specific pieces of Personal Information we’ve collected and the right to delete your information.
- The right to opt out of having your Personal Information sold. My Jewish Listings does not sell or rent Personal Information to third parties, as we understand that term to be defined by the CCPA and its implementing regulations and we have not engaged in such activity in the past 12 months, including for minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
Categories of Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act
|Personal Information||Source of Personal Information||To Whom We Disclose Personal Information|
|Identifiers such as a name, address, unique personal identifier, email, phone number.||Information you provide to us; Information we collect automatically; Information collected from third parties.||Directly from you
Automatically generated or collected during your use of our Platform (e.g. by your browser or device)
Our affiliates and third parties, including third parties you direct to share information with us (e.g. social networks)
|Protected Classifications under California and federal law, including gender, age and citizenship.||Information you provide to us; Information we collect automatically; Information collected from third parties.||Directly from you|
|Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.||Information you provide to us; Information we collect automatically; Information collected from third parties.||Directly from you
Automatically generated or collected during your use of our Platform (e.g. by your browser or device)
Our affiliates and third parties, including third parties you direct to share information with us (e.g. social networks)
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history and search history.||Automatically generated or collected during your use of our Platform (e.g. by your browser or device)|
|Geolocation data that is sufficient to identify a precise physical location.|
|Sensory data, such as audio, electronic, visual, or other similar information.||Directly from you|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Directly from you|
|Education information.||Directly from you|
|Inferences about preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Automatically generated or collected during your use of our Platform (e.g. information generated or derived from your online browsing and usage activity)|
1. Information we collect from you and why
From time to time, we may receive personal information from third party sources, including advertising networks and social media platforms like Facebook but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent to process the information or are otherwise legally permitted or required to share your personal information with us. This information may include your likely demographic group.
- Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Services may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily.
Registration information: When you create a My Jewish Listings account, sign-up or fill in forms on the Services, we collect information about you including your name, address, telephone number, email address and the password you create.
Transaction information: We collect information relating to your Orders, including payment information (e.g. your credit card number) using the secure services of our payment processors. Payment operations are outsourced to our payment processors and we do not store your credit card information in our systems. We also collect delivery details (e.g. your physical address) to fulfil each Order.
Information regarding your marketing preferences: We collect information about your preferences to receive marketing information any time you subscribe or unsubscribe.
Feedback: When you post messages and reviews of the Services or you contact us, for example with a question, problem or comment, we collect information about you including your name and the content of your query. If you contact our customer support teams we will record and keep a record of your conversation for quality and training purposes and to aid in the resolution of your queries.
Sensitive Information: We collect information that you provide when you contact us (such as through our call center or by using our online forms). This information may include sensitive personal information, such as health-related information (allergies or dietary requirements) or information about your religion. We do not require this information and we ask that you share this information with the restaurant only. However, there are some situations where you may nonetheless provide this type of information, for example if you make a complaint and in those circumstances, we will only be collecting it with your consent.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you access our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in Europe, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Activity information: We collect information about your usage of the Services and information about you from the content you create and the notifications or messages you post or send as well as what you search for, look at and engage with.
For further information about the types of cookies and similar technologies we use, why, and how you can control such technologies, see our Cookies Policy.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources.
From time to time, we may receive personal information from third party sources, including advertising networks but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent to process the information or are otherwise legally permitted or required to share your personal information with us. This information may include your likely demographic group.
Analytics reports and market research surveys: We collect information from our third party affiliates about the way you respond to and engage with our marketing campaigns so that we can customize our marketing and Services accordingly. We may also receive aggregated information in the form of audience segments from third party sources in order to display targeted advertising on digital properties operated by organizations like Facebook and Google.
Our use of collected information
Examples of how we may use this information include:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
The registration information you provide when you create a My Jewish Listings account allows us to give you access to the Services and to supply them to you under our Terms. We also use this information to authenticate your access to the Services, to contact you for your views and to notify you of important changes or updates to our Services.
Your transaction information (such as the food items you add to your basket) allow us to process your Order and send you an accurate bill. It also helps us and any Restaurant you order with contact you where necessary.
My Jewish Listings may contact you by email, phone or SMS to give you status updates or other information or to resolve problems with your account or Order. A Restaurant may contact you by phone or SMS to provide you with status updates or other information regarding your Order.
Where you pay for your Order with a mobile payment or digital wallet service provider (such as Applepay or Pay with Google) we will send you transaction information via confirmation emails or SMS to the email address or phone number registered with that service provider (since this is required by those providers).
Some Restaurants on our platform use our third party delivery companies; these companies may use your information to provide you with status updates on the delivery of your Order.
We will also analyze information on completed transactions and successfully delivered Orders on the basis of data matching or statistical analysis so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and Services. Our analyses also help us detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities or acts prohibited by our Terms or any policies applicable to the Services.
Information regarding your marketing preferences
My Jewish Listings may market to you, where permitted by law, by post, email, telephone, mobile (i.e. SMS, in-app messaging and push notification) about our products or Services.
Where you have given your consent, we may share your information with third parties (e.g. other companies) in other sectors (such as food, drink and entertainment) so that they can tell you about goods or services which may interest you.
If you don’t want us to use your data in this way or generally change your mind about receiving any form of marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive or by amending your profile accordingly. You may also be able to opt-out of push notifications at a device level (e.g. by way of your iOS settings). If you choose to unsubscribe from our marketing, we will keep a record of your preferences so that we don’t bother you with unwanted marketing in future.
Feedback and reviews
If you give us feedback we will use it to reply to your questions or queries, to provide customer support and resolve any problems with your Orders or with the Services. We will publish reviews that you send to us about the Restaurants on our platform and our Services in general and we also analyze your feedback to improve and develop our Services and in order to enhance your experience.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you access our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device such as your IP address, MAC address or device ID. In some countries, including in Europe, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
We analyze your buying habits and how you interact with our Services so that we can suggest food options from new restaurants we think you would like to try. If you choose to share your geo-location with us, we may use this information to show you content that is local to you; this information will also help smooth the effective and speedy delivery of your Order. We may also provide you with customized content and advertisements based on your previous interactions with our Services and our knowledge of your preferences which we understand from your usage and buying history relating to the Services.
We enable you to access your Order history so that you can easily reorder with your favorite Restaurants. We may also collect information about your interaction with our emails and other forms of communication.
Cookies and similar technologies
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
Analytics reports and market research surveys
We analyze information we collect from our third-party service providers (such as Google, Facebook, Amazon and other affiliates) to understand how you engage with our Services and advertisements (e.g. whether you have clicked on one of our advertisements). This helps us to understand your preferences and recommend you Services which are tailored to your interests.
2. Who we share personal information with
In delivering the Services to you, depending on the circumstances, we may share your personal information with the following entities:
- Restaurants you place Orders with so that the Restaurant can process and deliver it to you.
- Third parties who undertake various activities to promote and support our Services. This includes offshore customer support agents, website and application support and hosting providers, marketing service providers, managers of our marketing emails and push notifications, companies who send you text messages when your Order is on its way, delivery companies who deliver your Order to you, market research companies and payment processing providers which process payment card transactions – any of these third parties might be inside or outside your country of residence.
As mentioned previously mentioned, we may also share information with third parties (for example, in the food, drink and entertainment sectors) so that they can contact you about goods or services which may interest you. We will only share your information with these third parties where you have given your consent. If you don’t want us to use your personal information in this way or generally change your mind about receiving any form of marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive or by amending your profile accordingly. If you choose to unsubscribe from our marketing, we will keep a record of your preferences so that we don’t bother you with unwanted marketing in future.
If any part of our business enters into a joint venture, purchases another business or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, or new business partners or owners or their agents and advisors. In these circumstances we will always inform the relevant entities that they must only use your personal information for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
Any law enforcement or regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
Any other person provided that you have given your consent to the disclosure. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
3. Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information as described above will depend on the specific context in which we collect it.
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to perform our contract with you (i.e. to make sure you get your Order when you want it). However we will also use your personal information where it is in our legitimate business interests to do so (but only if our interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or your fundamental legal rights and freedoms). In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you (e.g. in the event of legal proceedings) or we might need to process it or share it with others to “protect your vital interests” (this is legal speak for saving your life) or those of another person (e.g. in a case where another person’s life is in danger).
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (and we’ll also explain the possible consequences of you not providing it).
Similarly, we may collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party). Relevant legitimate interests include a) to market to you or make you offers that we believe will interest you; b) to analyze and understand how our services are used and so to improve them; c) for fraud prevention or prevention of other criminal acts; or d) to keep our systems secure.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” below.
4. International data transfers
We may transfer your personal information to countries other than the country in which you are resident. The website servers of My Jewish Listings are mainly located in the United States, however our group companies and third party service providers and partners may operate in a number of countries. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in these other countries.
We place great importance on keeping your personal information safe and secure. As such, we put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures / industry standard technology to protect it from unauthorized access and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage.
The security measures we use are designed to provide a level of protection security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone and to use a unique password for our Services. We will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions entered into using your name and password.
6. Data retention
My Jewish Listings will retain your personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, while you hold an account with us or to enable us to meet our legal, tax or accounting obligations).
If you object to us processing certain categories of your personal information (including in relation to receiving marketing communications from us), we will retain a record of your objection to the processing of your information so that we can continue to respect your wishes.
We will destroy your personal information at the point that we no longer need to process it for our ongoing legitimate business needs or for any legal reason. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store it and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. Your data protection rights
My Jewish Listings respects your privacy and data protection rights. Below is a summary of your rights in respect of the personal information of yours which My Jewish Listings handles:
My Jewish Listings provides you with the tools to access, review or update your personal information at any time through your account. If you wish to request deletion of your personal information, you can do so by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading.
You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request that it be ported to a third party. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive or by amending your profile accordingly.
Similarly, if we collect and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
8. Links to third-party sites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates or to any number of websites that may offer useful information to our visitors. We provide these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the relevant website by My Jewish Listings. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or those linked websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to such websites.
9. Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical, or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
10. How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice and My Jewish Listings’s privacy practices, please contact us.